Senior Technical Writer
- - Fort Belvoir, VA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
Charles F. Day & Associates, LLC is accepting resumes for contingent work out of Ft. Belvoir, VA and Metro Park, VA.
Location of Work: HQ INSCOM (Ft. Belvoir, VA), Metro Park (Arlington, VA), and sites of approved telework
Travel: both within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS), may be required for training and customer support
Clearance Requirement: Active Top Secret/SCI with Special Background Investigation (SBI) and be able to attain Special Intelligence (SI), Talent-Keyhole (TK), GAMMA (G), HUMINT Control Systems (HCS), and North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Education: Bachelor's Degree in English or related technical writing field or three years of experience serving as the Secretariat of the General Staff (SGS)
Summary: Create operating instructions, "How To" manuals, assembly instructions, and "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" pages to help technical support staff, consumers, and other users within the directorate. After a product is released, the technical writer will also work with software developers, requirements/business analysts, and customer service managers to improve the end-user experience through product design changes.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with
- various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize,
- and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories,
- revise and edit outdated documents, and determine the best solution for data
- compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold
- organizational and legal standards and allow for easy data migration.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent
- and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Requirements and Description:
- Five years of experience working in a technical writing position
- Three years of experience working with MS Office products
- Three year of experience writing in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Three years of experience producing electronic and hard copy manuals & documentation in support of software development projects, system administration technical procedures and SharePoint governance documentation
Please provide a list and proof of all certifications relevant to Range Clearance work.
Special preference given to candidates who live in a Hub Zoned area.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED