Junior VMWare Administrator
- - Fort Belvoir, VA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
Charles F. Day & Associates, LLC is accepting resumes for contingent work out of Ft. Belvoir, VA and Metro Park, VA.
Location of Work: HQ INSCOM (Ft. Belvoir, VA), Metro Park (Arlington, VA), and sites of approved telework
Travel: both within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS), may be required for training and customer support
Clearance Requirement: Active Top Secret/SCI with Special Background Investigation (SBI) and be able to attain Special Intelligence (SI), Talent-Keyhole (TK), GAMMA (G), HUMINT Control Systems (HCS), and North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Administer and monitor a 24/7/365 enterprise level virtualization infrastructure based on VMware product suites across eight (8) networks and disaster recovery sites composed of sixty (60) ESXi hosts and 550 virtual machines across the supported networks.
- Ensure VMware applications and ESXi hosts remain current with operating system (OS) versions and patches within 60 calendar days of release
- Test and install hardware, firmware, and security patches on all DAIIS server and storage technologies within 60 calendar days of release
- Perform daily system checks of all DAIIS VMs recording 100% of findings and statuses in DAIIS Systems Administration Daily Checks list and perform appropriate corrective action as needed
- Apply STIGs, security updates, and hotfixes within 30 calendar days of release
- Diagnose and repair system problems, utilizing tool sets available and working closely with other internal groups and vendor support. Perform upgrade of VM Tools on all DAIIS VMs within one week of update availability
- Provide weekly system metrics to include CPU, memory, network, and storage utilization to enable the DAIIS leadership to make informed decisions on the welfare of the virtualization infrastructure
- Assess and ensure compliance of the virtual infrastructure security posture and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs and Department of the Army IA regulations.
- Prepare necessary documentation to support the organization System Security branch in the accreditation packet process within 30 calendar days of request
- Develop and maintain documentation, which includes SOPs, TTPs, System Architecture Guides and Diagrams for all DAIIS systems and hardware configurations adhering to organizational templates and policies
- Notify the Government of any unscheduled system outages within 30 minutes of each occurrence and record the outage to the operations log within four (4) hours
- Provide after-hours on-site support to respond to system/application malfunctions.
- Configuration management data shall be timely updated within one business day of any modification or update of infrastructure
- Monitor and assume responsibility of trouble tickets assigned to the Virtualization Administration branch, assign specific ticket for resolution, and prioritize tickets in line with organizational goals of maintaining 99% system availability rate
Requirements and Description:
- DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in virtualization datacenter administration supporting and managing virtualization infrastructure, to include enterprise-class hardware
- Two years of experience administrating enterprise-sized, VMware-based virtualization infrastructures covering vCenter and standalone ESXi environments version 5.5 and later
- One year of experience designing, planning, implementing, and administrating HP enterprise blade server and storage technologies to support virtualization infrastructure
- One year of experience with fiber switches and storage area networks
- Two years of experience installing, configuring, and integrating servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure
- Two years of experience performing backups, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure
- Two years of experience building highly available server clusters in a vSphere environment
- Two years of experience maintaining VM templates for use on rapid deployment of virtual machines
- Two years of recent experience implementing security posture and ensuring compliance with industry best practices, DA regulations, and STIGs
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA) - Digital Business Transformation Certification
Special preference given to candidates who live in a Hub Zoned area.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED