Unexploded Ordnance Technician II (UXO/EOD Tech II)
- - White Sands, NM
Charles F. Day & Associates, LLC is accepting resumes for UXO/EOD Technician III for potential surge operations located at White Sands Missile Range, NM. Availability of positions is dependent upon customer's surge team requirements.
Location of Work: White Sands Missile Range, NM
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret
Education: A graduate of a military EOD school of the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, or Australia or a graduate of a formal training course of instruction or EOD assistant courses as described in chapter 3 of the Department of Defense Explosive Safety Board (DDESB) Technical Paper (TP) 18
Summary: Support range clearance-related activities such as; "to fire" prevention and control; locate, extract, move and consolidate munitions, detonate duds and misfires; and support storage, inventory, transport, and issue of ammunition and explosives.
Requirements and Description:
- UXO Technician I, II duties as defined in DDESB Technical Paper 18.
- Shall have 3 years or more EOD/UXO experience
- Perform reconnaissance and classification of UXO
- Perform excavation and recovery of subsurface UXO
- Identify fuzes and determine fuze condition
- Prepare firing systems, both electric and non-electric, for demolition / testing operations
- Assist in preparation proper and storage of explosive materials
- Supervise explosives operations
- Assemble/disassemble explosive devices and components
- Provide technical, safety, and research support for all operations dealing with arms, ammunition, and explosives
- Inspect material potentially presenting an explosive hazard (MPPEH) for the presence of explosive safety hazards
- Supervise donning and doffing of personal protective equipment
Additional Certification & Training: this listing is expected required certifications; additional certifications may be required.
- Asbestos Certification
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER
- Radiation Safety
- Respiratory Protection, Qualified and Fit tested
- OSHA and DOT physicals/medicals
Please provide a list and proof of all certifications relevant to Range Clearance work.
Special preference given to candidates who live in a Hub Zoned area.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts