Network System Administrator
- - Fort Gordon, GA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K
Charles F. Day & Associates, LLC is accepting resumes for contingent work located at Fort Gordon, GA.
Location of Work: Ft. Gordon, GA
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Summary: Will work as part of a team which will include military, contractor, and/or civilian instructors. These areas include but are not limited to the Fort Gordon Network Enterprise Center (NEC), Fort Gordon G6, LandWarNet e-University Lifelong Learning Center (LWNeU LLC), local and remote Mission Command activities. Utilize services of existing third party Government or commercial organizations associated within the Signal School to deliver or assist with delivery of training requirements as determined by the COR. Work with other schools, institutions, or agencies – Government, DoD, USA, Industry, Academia, or Foreign Government – to identify and implement new information applicable to specific courses (or lessons), as determined by the COR.
- Deliver or assist with delivery of training requirements
- Identify and implement new information applicable to specific courses
- Coordinate, manage and maintain the VLAN connectivity for the BCCS between the various site locations.
- Have a general working knowledge of the various Mission/Battle Command Systems.
- Manage all facility power requirements, tactical communication support systems, BCCS server stacks and IT subsystem devices locally and/or remotely. Update and refresh system applications or operating system on the network servers as required, encryption strategies, system monitoring, load balancing, enhancing network performance with applicable patches and upgrades, and validate and verify systems configurations before the start of each class or on a daily bases.
- Coordinate with key players to maintain, configure, and troubleshoot the VLAN network infrastructure.
- Be capable of lifting and moving electronic equipment in access of 40lbs in and out of classrooms and labs.
- Maintain established classroom security requirements and procedures as prescribed in TRADOC Pamphlet 350-70-4, FG policies and CCoE SOPs. All issues will be reported to the COR or TPOC as soon as identified.
- Stay current with all required certifications and provide a copy of certifications to the COR.
- Be certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01M, contract personnel that are designated as System Administrators (SA) or Information Assurance Network Officers/Managers (IANO/IANM) shall be registered in the Army Training and Certification Tracking System. The contract personnel shall be certified in the courses listed in 18.104.22.168.3 of the PWS. The contract personnel shall also complete the required training and updates provided by the Fort Gordon NEC.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing and maintaining a Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), its associate devices to include several server stacks.
- General knowledge of the capabilities, operating characteristics, and advanced functions of a variety of types of office automation software, MS Word, Excel, Spreadsheets, and MS Exchange, MS Office Visio, and their integration.
- Knowledge of telecommunications and networking standards, architectures, protocols and systems as it applies to training devices, simulation, simulators and instrumentation.
- Proficient in wiring twisted pair, copper, and fiber cabling.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills.
- CompTIA Security+ certified to meet DOD Directive 8570.1 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level II certification.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA). With the MCSA certification, Security+ and other administrative requirements access will be granted to operate on the Fort Gordon network infrastructure and meet the Information Assurance Network Officers (IANO)/ Information Assurance Network Managers (IANM) requirements. All personnel not properly MCSA and Security+ qualified will have to successfully complete the certification within 6 months upon award of contract.
Special preference given to candidates who live in a Hub Zoned area.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED