C-IED Site Lead – MTC West
- - Camp Pendleton, CA
- Full Time
- Medcia, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
CF DAY is seeking experienced individuals for contingent contract work located at Camp Pendleton, CA.
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA
Clearance: Active Secret
Travel: Substantial CONUS/OCONUS travel is possible with this position (up to 50%)
Education: Typically Requires a Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related work experience.
- Exercise direct control of the instructors by assigning teams to specific scheduled training events for planning and execution.
- Submit the MTC morning report to MTC operations NLT 0745 (East Coast time) every workday.
- Conduct welcome aboard brief for each newly joined instructor. Provide a copy of this SOP to new instructors as part of their orientation. Ensure instructors use the appropriate check-in sheet when reporting for work, and that the check-in process is completed within five working days of a new instructor reporting for work. Forward completed check-in forms to MTC operations for processing.
- Observe a period of instruction for each instructor semi-annually and document the reviews on the Training Observation Checklist (Annex U) to ensure continued compliance with CTCs and the SATE manual. The completed form will be filed in the instructor's training jacket.
- Ensure, with team leads, all instructors are trained and certified on CTC 1. Following certification on CTC 1, Site Leads will designate which of the other CTCs on which each instructor will certify. Ensure that instructors maintain currency following formal certification.
- In the event that an instructor has not taught a CTC within the last 60 days, ensure the instructor's presentation is formally evaluated before the instructor teaches the CTC to students.
- Coordinate planning with units requesting training. MTC (E) is the scheduling POC for II MEF and Okinawa. MTC (W) is the POC for I MEF (with the exception of Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center tenant units) and Hawaii. Ensure units have the current CTC info sheets and an electronic version of the Training Support Request.
- Ensure team leads prepare for all scheduled training IAW the Execution Checklist.
- Ensure team leads prepare and present confirmation briefs, as directed. Confirmation briefs will normally be conducted for special interest training events, first iterations of overseas training events, or as directed by the DtD Branch Head.
- Ensure training Team Leads hang all post training documentation on SharePoint at the conclusion of training.
- In the event that an instructor is injured or is taken ill during a training event, notify the DtD Ops immediately IAW the DtD Branch Reporting Guidelines. (Annex Y)
- Maintain accountability for all MTC gear and equipment. Sub-sign gear to each team lead, conduct (or assign responsibility to team leads to conduct) monthly SL-3 inventories and note any discrepancies to MTC operations. Refer to Chapter 4 for a detailed explanation of supply procedures.
- In coordination with MTC operations, assign instructors to school seats for individual instructor training.
- Submit recommended changes to CTCs, with complete rationale, to the CTC managers using the CTC Comment Review Matrix.
- Ensure all instructors are using the current lesson plans and PowerPoint presentations, as provided by the CTC manager.
- Ensure instructors use AV support systems appropriate for the facility in which the training is conducted.
- Participate in instructor certification boards.
- Attend MEF and Division training meetings, as well as other appropriate unit training meetings in which C-IED training is discussed.
- Complete the IDC.
- Attend weekly operations coordination telecon with sites and DtD Branch Head.
- Represent the DtD Branch Head within I MEF and II MEF for C-IED training issues and advise the DtD Branch Head on all C-IED training issues associated with their respective MEFs and HSTLs.
- Minimum 10 years' military experience (USMC) with honorable discharge.
- Expert knowledge and experience of Marine Corps organization, functions, and capabilities as applied to MAGTF C-IED operations.
- Expert knowledge of the Marine Corps DtD and Network Engagement programs.
- Experience with JIDO, JIDO training initiatives.
- Familiar with the Marine Corps Curriculum Development process.
- Knowledge of the latest technological advances to mitigate the effects of IEDs.
- Knowledge of joint, multi-service interaction, and ability to apply various service methods and techniques into doctrinal publications.
- Ability to professionally facilitate high level meetings, conferences, and seminars requiring on the spot decisions.
- Expert Knowledge of Marine Corps experimentation and concept development through MCWL, MCCDC, HQMC, and Joint Forces Command and how to apply to C-IED doctrine.
- Knowledge of equipment fielding and POM process.
- Ability to identify problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to assess Marine Corps C-IED lessons and develop them into practical and useable doctrinal practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office).
Special preference given to candidates who live in a Hub Zoned area.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED